Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Campaign Trail

Going around our village campaigning, I've had the chance to meet so many of our residents face to face at their homes. I'm impressed with how hard working and how proud people are to live in North Bay Village. I've also been delighted to see so many young families. It reminds me of bringing up my own kids in Brooklyn and how nice it is that families working for a better life found a home here in North Bay Village.

But it worries me too. Almost all the parents I speak to talk about their concerns with the school falling to “D” rating this year, their worries that there is no place for their kids, particularly their middle and high school aged ones. to be after school and about the lack of recreational facilities for families in North Bay Village. These parents have worked very hard to give their kids a decent life and want a community that offers them that.

Throughout this journey nothing has been more clear then the neglect and appearance of the Galleon Street and East Treasure drive area! In particular the Tot Lot, where our children play next to the ugliness of the parked garbage trucks and the odor of the water processing plant, is horrible. I cannot begin to imagine how our residents who live in that area must feel. Mayor Connie Leon-Kreps and Commissioner at Large Jorge Gonzalez are running around boasting about their accomplishments while it is painfully clear that the area of Galleon Street has not been included nor received their attention.

As your commissioner, I will work to improve our school, our appearance and our recreational areas. Together we will work towards a safer and cleaner North Bay Village with the services that we deserve. That's my promise to you. I will earn your vote and your respect by attacking these problems one by one! Thank you for your support and most importantly your Vote!!!

Together we will make North Bay Village safer, cleaner and transparent!


Mario Garcia

September 24, 2014

www.mariogarcia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment