Sunday, June 2, 2013

Clarifications are in order


Clarifications are in order for those who read my blog. I am neither a writer nor a reporter. I am simply a concerned North Bay Village resident. What I write is my opinion and perception of our North Bay Village commission meetings with the limited information we are provided. However, I am in touch with the residents and many have expressed their hopelessness and disappointment: “nothing changes” “what for”  “I have given up” “it’s all the same”.   It is abundantly clear that what affects Harbor Island affects North Bay Village.  It is also true that what affects Treasure Island affects North Bay Village; what affects North Bay Island affects North Bay Village.  We are greater than the sum of our parts. We have been hearing from this commission since its inception about transparency; have we gotten it? If what I write rattles your cage, maybe you should give it some thought and ask yourself why? Does the shoe fit?

On the other hand, this commission has been faced with unprecedented hardships and problems. I also believe that our commission is made up of basically honest people and they are trying the best they can.  If the components are there then why is it so difficult to get things done? It is important that we begin to be more proactive rather than reactive regarding our financial and budgetary health.   It is my perception that what is lacking is constructive dialogue from our commissioners; from where I sit at the meetings they talk but are not listening to each other. North Bay Village residents deserve nothing less!  

Honestly Opinionating!

PUTTING NORTH BAY VILLAGE FIRST

Mario Garcia

June 2, 2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment